Primer on Tumor Immunology and Cancer Immunotherapy™
November 5, 2015
Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center
Margaret K. Callahan, MD, PhD – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Willem W. Overwijk, PhD – University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Our understanding of tumor immunobiology has increased dramatically in recent years, leading to the successful development of novel immune-based treatment options to improve cancer patient outcomes. The SITC Primer on Tumor Immunology and Cancer Immunotherapy™ provided a foundation for understanding core immunology principles as they relate to basic and clinical research in immunotherapy of cancer.
The intended audience for this annual, one-day educational program included students, postdoctoral fellows and technicians from academia and industry, as well as physicians and scientists at more senior levels who wished to solidify their understanding of tumor immunology and immunotherapy.
Upon completion of this meeting, participants are now able to:
- Describe the key principles of tumor immunology and immunotherapy
- Summarize the basic principles of passive immunotherapy, in which antibodies or T lymphocytes generated outside of the patient are administered with therapeutic intent
- Discuss the techniques involved in active immunotherapy, including tumor antigen vaccination as well as immune checkpoint blockade
- Outline immune monitoring techniques, both in peripheral blood and sera, as well as in patient samples collected in pre-surgical trials
- Enhance scientific exchange with colleagues and collaborators on research and application of cancer immunotherapies to improve outcomes of patients with cancer
For information on continuing medical education credits available through SITC’s Primer on Tumor Immunology and Cancer ImmunotherapyTM, please visit our CME Credit page.
The SITC Primer on Tumor Immunology and Cancer Immunotherapy was supported in part by grants from AstraZeneca; Bristol-Myers Squibb; Merck & Co; Pfizer, Inc.; and Prometheus Laboratories Inc.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Event staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs (i.e., physical, dietary, etc.). Please contact SITC prior to the live event at +1 414-271-2456.
Save the Date!
Save the dates for SITC 2016!
November 9 – 13, 2016
Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center, National Harbor, Maryland