Press Policies & Registration
To gain access to any SITC educational activity, journalists and medical/science writers must register for the program providing all requested information as well as abide by the policies of SITC as noted below.
- All individuals that wish to register as press must complete and return the press registration form along with a copy of their press credentials. Press credentials and/or a letter of assignment from a bona fide media outlet will also be required onsite in order to pick up a press badge. No exceptions will be allowed.
- Submitting the press registration form does not guarantee receipt of a complimentary press pass, and press passes will not be granted to anyone whose principal purpose for attending our event is—in our judgment—for reasons other than covering them as working news media. Advertising and marketing representatives as well as Editors attempting to solicit papers for competing journals will not be allowed to register as press.
- Press passes/registration for the event(s) only allows access to the common meeting areas and general session rooms with speakers offering educational content. Attendance and coverage of private meetings associated with the event are not allowed unless specific permission is requested and granted by the SITC executive management.
- Click the 'Register Now' button above.
- Download the registration form and fill it out completely.
- Return form to via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Mail: SITC, 555 E. Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Fax: 414-276-3346
Regular Abstracts will be available at http://jitc.biomedcentral.com/ upon the lift of the embargo on November 8, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. EST and will be distributed onsite. Late-Breaking Abstracts will be distributed onsite and will also be embargoed until November 8, 2016 at 8:00 AM EST.
Onsite Policies and Regulations
- Photography/videography is allowed with an approved press registration in the exhibit hall and general conference space outside of the session rooms.
- Photography/videography of meeting proceedings (slides or presenters) in the educational session rooms is only allowed with prior written permission granted by SITC.
- Members of the press may utilize personal audio recording devices in the session rooms strictly for note taking purposes. Release of the recordings in part or in whole is prohibited.
- If there is a particular presentation of interest and you wish to obtain the slide(s), you may speak with individual presenters and request that they share the slide(s) of interest directly with you. Please note that slides will be available online three to four weeks post meeting.
- Photography/videography in the poster hall and of specific posters is only allowed if permission is granted by the poster presenter(s).
- Press wishing to obtain interviews and official statements on behalf of the Society must work with the appropriate SITC Staff member for scheduling with the appropriate official representatives.
- Howard L. Kaufman, SITC President, is the official spokesperson of the Society. He is the approved representative who may speak on behalf of the Society, unless otherwise approved by appropriate SITC Staff member.
- Press Kit on the SITC Jump Drives—available resources include session/program handouts, SITC press releases, informational sheets and other society educational items.
- Complimentary WiFi—available in the meeting rooms and general SITC conference areas.
- SITC Newsroom—online access to press releases, cancer immunotherapy news and latest SITC news
- General Resources—meeting information, patient resources and SITC publications
- Please note: There is not a press room or prescheduled press conferences at this time.
For more information, please contact the SITC Office at 1-414-271-2456 or email@example.com