The following policies have been established for journalists covering the 2016 Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) Annual Meeting and exhibitors/public relations professionals wishing to distribute materials related to research presented at the meeting.
In an effort to assist registered members of the press with planning coverage, SITC issues press releases and provides abstract summaries in advance of the Annual Meeting. In addition, SITC allows companies and institutions to disseminate press releases; however, all materials are embargoed according to the following:
- Abstract Title Embargo: Titles of abstracts submitted to SITC are embargoed until titles are made public on the SITC website.
- Regular abstracts: September 26, 2016, 8 a.m. EST
- Late breaking abstracts: October 21, 2016, 8 a.m. EST
- Abstract Content Embargo: Abstract content is embargoed until November 8, 2016, 8:00 a.m. EST.
- Poster Embargo: Any additional data that will be available on a poster that is beyond what was submitted in the abstract is embargoed until November 11, 2016, 7:00 a.m. EST. This embargo applies to poster-only presentations.
- Oral Presentation Data Embargo: Any updated and/or new data that will be available in an oral presentation is embargoed until the date and time of the presentation. If the oral presenter is also creating a poster which includes updated and/or new data, the poster shares the same Oral Presentation Embargo date, not the poster embargo date specified above. This embargo applies to oral abstract presentations.
PRESS RELEASE INFORMATION
Any planned press releases and media alerts must be reviewed and approved in advance by SITC Communications staff. Drafts should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Press releases may be issued with only logistical information (such as the title, poster number and presentation date and time) about an abstract/poster/oral presentation between the appropriate Abstract Title Embargo date and November 8, 2016, 8 a.m.
- Press releases may be issued with information about the content of the submitted abstract once the Abstract Content Embargo lifts on November 8, 2016, 8 a.m.
- For Poster-only Presentations – Press releases that contain updated and/or new information that is available on the poster beyond what was submitted in the abstract may be issued after the poster embargo lifts on November 11, 2016, 7 a.m. EST.
- For Oral Abstract Presentations – Press releases that contain updated and/or new information that is to be presented in an oral presentation and/or poster beyond what was submitted in the abstract may be issued at the date and time of the presentation.
Journalists deemed in violation of any SITC Communication policies will have their Annual Meeting press privileges revoked.
AUDIO RECORDING, VIDEO RECORDING & PHOTOGRAPHY
Everyone who attends any session, including media and exhibitors/public relations professionals, are strictly prohibited from audio or video recording and photography in all sessions. Photography and video recording are allowed with an approved press registration in the exhibit hall and general conference space outside of the session rooms.
Photography and videography in the poster hall and of specific posters is only allowed if permission is granted by the poster presenter(s).
Credentialed members of the press who have been issued a press pass are permitted to use handheld audio recording devices in educational sessions for note taking purposes only.
EXHIBITORS/PUBLIC RELATIONS PROFESSIONALS
Exhibitors and individuals representing industry, advertising and marketing or public relations firms will not be granted access to the press room or news briefing room at the SITC Annual Meeting.
No exceptions will be made to the following policies:
- Materials may not indicate SITC endorsement or use the SITC logo.
- Non-SITC news briefings or other media events are prohibited in meeting areas, including hotels, during the SITC Annual Meeting.
- Under no circumstances will contact information of registered press be made available.
Individuals, companies, organizations or institutions found in violation of these policies will have SITC Annual Meeting access revoked.